Re: HP & air fuel metering

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HP & air fuel metering
From: "Dave Hardy" <dave2020@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:39:34 +0200
> The question is, would an Autometer air fuel type gauge which attaches to
the stock wiring harness be sufficient? Or, do I really need to add a bung
to the header and let the shop use their megabuck Motec device?  It seems to
me that with stock injection, the simple splice in should suffice due to the
limited changes we can make.

I have an Autometer AF meter in my car, and for $50, it's not bad.  That
said, it is no tuning device.  I consider it to be a big picture indicator -
ie, it will let me know of a very rich or very lean condition.  It functions
well for this.  It is not the proper tool for dialing in a motor though.  Go
ahead and weld on the extra O2 bung, and have them use the wideband AF.  It
will be worth it.

Dave "I really need to tune my motor" Hardy
89 SM