Re: Weather at the National Tour

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weather at the National Tour
From: PbPied@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:33:09 EST
As a competitor in the 4th heat, I'd suggest that the weather
(and other conditions for competition) were less than "perfect".

First runs were taken under traction limited by the sand that
results from rain on that surface.  Of the three shots we got,
the second offered best conditions, as a cleaner path had
developed.  For the third runs, moisture again became a significant
factor.  While I would not call it rain, there was enough wet lube
on the concrete to limit traction.  I wonder how many drivers used
the wipers, if set to "intermittent".

I think that anyone who went faster on their third run than on their
second did so only because they had not driven well in #2.  Shortly
after an understanding chief of impound ;-)  released my ride, I had
all back in the trailer before it again became truly wet.

Saturday was one of the few days it is an actual pleasure to wear the
abrasion suit.  It was nice and warm against the cool, moisture, and
wind.

Alan Sheidler
F125 #21