New car purchase questions

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: New car purchase questions
From: brandon.fetch@ey.com
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:05:58 -0600
Okay, here goes. (dipping his foot into the pool that is Team.net)

I'm looking to purchase a new car here in the next six months.
The choices that I've narrowed things down to are these three:

Mini Cooper S  (not available in TX where I reside)
Dodge Neon SRT-4    (not available until 2003 model year)
Subaru Impreza WRX  (hop right down to any Subie dealer and pick one up)

I realize these are all quite varied choices.
Two higher than normal HP front drivers under 2700# and a boosted 3000# car
with kick-butt AWD.

Now, the Mini is totally off the list due to specific problems with Mini
USA being granted a franchise permit here in the WONDERFUL (tongue firmly
in cheek) state of Texas.
The problems inherent with the Neon include I've owned a model of Neon
since August of 1996 and my wife thinks it's time for a change. (NOT going
to touch that one either)

So that leaves the Subaru.

Now, what I'd like to know from you Team.netters is what are the WRX's
characteristics?  I've read all of Subaru's 'good press' that you can get
from the dealer and I'm rather impressed.  0-60 in less than 6 seconds?!?
Wow.  Something tells me that the 227HP is a bit under-rated.

Anyhoo, what's it like to drive it each and every day?
Rattles/squeaks/annoyances?  What's the stereo like?  6-disk changer is a
bonus, how's it sound?

I'm really looking at getting a real world view of the car to make my
decision.

I appreciate any/all responses to my question.

Thanks!

Brandon
'99 Neon R/T

The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it
from your computer.  Thank you.  Ernst & Young LLP