Re: Safety Belt - Nitrous

To: Lonnie Heston <lhheston@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Safety Belt - Nitrous
From: Ian McCloghrie <ian@codrus.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 20:30:12 -0800
On Feb 24, 2002 Lonnie Heston wrote:
> Links to the pictures of the results of a fireless
> nitrous explosion were passed around a year or so ago
> detailing the remains of a Maxima (I think), including
> the trunklid poking through the garage door.  Wish I'd
> saved the pics.

Hm.  IIRC, the Maxima incident resulted from two or three boneheaded
mistakes on the part of the owner, including deliberately not
installing the safety pressure release valves and leaving his bottle
heater on all the time.  Safety rules aren't much good against this
kind of willful negligence.

--Ian McCloghrie
'99 Miata -- CSP headed quickly towards D mod.
'01 Audi S4 -- one of the new stock classes, I can't remember which.