RE: [evolution-disc.] Re: SP rules

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] Re: SP rules
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <fuhrmann@cpinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:55:58 -0600
> However, despite what the rules say, I'm also one of those diehards who
> believes that Stock SHOULD be just that - Stock - and not some
> multi-thousand dollar development project.  Toward that end, I believe
> that Stock cars should have to run on street tires!!!  Cat-back
> exhausts, removing the air cleaner element, and suspension adjustments
> within factory spec are OK with me.  Anything else, in my book, should
> take a car out of Stock.  But that's just me and I don't write the car
> preparation rules.

Another volunteer to write the rules that define "street" tires which
prohibit a maker from getting a very expensive street legal sticky tire to
meet them.

About the only method that I can see to do this would be to require a "spec"
tire that all competitors must run or limit the tires to be the same type
(how do you define that?).

Why an exemption for cat back exhaust being different from stock?
It doesn't fit with "Stock SHOULD be just that - Stock"

The only way to get >>Stock to be just that - stock<<, would be to ban all
aftermarket parts except for some carefully controlled exceptions.

I cannot buy tires of the type that came on my car.  If I could, the M+S
tires would be hopelessly outclassed by cars that were not intended to be
driven all year and came with tires that are dangerous in snow.

Care to realign all the classes for the available "stock" tire types?

How far does the exception from stock go?