Re: More Shocks and rules

To: alextzi@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: More Shocks and rules
From: TeamZ06@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:26:45 EST
In a message dated 1/12/02 12:39:51 PM Central Standard Time,
alextzi@yahoo.com writes:

> 1) take a sampling and see how much aftermarket shocks
> are off, then make the variance that rule.

We already have a variance that's been in place for a very long time, when
did it become broken?

> 2) if the rod is longer than stock you can have droop
> limiters/spacers put inside the shock to bring it to
> the correct length.

Unfortunately this is incorrect, the cost would be considerable to open up a
sealed shock.  Not all shocks are designed to be rebuildable or taken apart,
especially the more garden variety Sear's Roadhandler shock, etc and not even
some better aftermarket brands.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but you seem to be grasping at straws.

Mark