Re: [SDMC-List] Brake Pedal Mod

To: webmaster@mainstreet-data.com
Subject: Re: [SDMC-List] Brake Pedal Mod
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 11:21:50 -0800
On Saturday, January 12, 2002, at 07:57 , Rainer C. Mueller wrote:

> Three other methods for this type of braking:
>
> 1) heel on the brake - toe and ball of the right foot on gas pedal

I'm sorry, that's an unnatural act prohibited by my religions.  ;)

> 2) move the pedals closer together then left 1/3 of the right foot on
> the brake, and the right 1/3 on the accelerator.

That would be GREAT!  Illegal in SCCA Solo II as far as I know?

> 3) left foot braking (and clutching) and right foot acceleration.

I already do all LFB when downshifting isn't involved.  Can you describe
how to brake AND clutch with the same foot.

> There usually is more than one way to skin a cat (whilst braking.....)

Look, I'm having enough problems just driving the damn car!

KeS