Re: [cendivsolo] Yokahama Slicks

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [cendivsolo] Yokahama Slicks
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@spec-rx7.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:34:30 -0600
Dan Bettis wrote:

> Does any one know where you can get any info on Yokahamas slicks or someone
> who is selling them.

Perhaps you're talking about the Kumho ECSTA S700 slick?  Not shown at
http://www.kumhousa.com/pages/road_tires.htm but the Ferrari 355 at last
years Daytona 24 used them.  Also, our own SBW used them at the 8 Hours of
the Cascades at Portland International Raceway last Oct.

...White expressed his eagerness to race them again.  "I wasn't surprised
that the Kumho racing slicks would be as good as they are because the Kumho
DOT racing tires have been phenomenal for us in SCCA competition. But now
that I've had a chance to race on the slicks, I can't wait for the
opportunity to race on them again." .

I've never heard him talk up Kumho's before, have you?  :)

Jeff