Koni adjustables/Stiff Springs?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Koni adjustables/Stiff Springs?
From: Rick Shank <rickshank@banklogic.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 08:07:19 -0500 (EST)
Hello,

My 89 Civic SI has become my daily driver for a few days (some careless
lady decided to run a blinking red light and smash into the driver's door
of my 8 day old 2002 Civic....) .   While I wait for the rental car/etc,
I've driven my CSP SI to work (80 miles roundtrip).

I'm running 500/550 springs on the car, with standard Koni single
adjustables.      The ride is bouncy at full soft, but still better than
running 1/2 turn (less bone jarring).

However, would it be better for the life of the Koni's to run them like
1/2-full turn?  I'll deal with the ride if it saves the struts.

Also...my energy suspension bushings are squeaking a bit.  When it gets
parked again (next couple of days), what kind of grease can I lube these
with?

Thanks,

~Rick Shank
 2002 Civic