Re: Speaking of Games, and slightly Off Topic - Nascar 4

To: "!Team dot net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speaking of Games, and slightly Off Topic - Nascar 4
From: "Will Kalman" <will@kalman.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:45:16 -0800
Another really good game for physics is Sierra's Viper Racing.  Not very
feature packed and it's about 3 years old, but the physics are so accurate
that when I set up my car for competitive road racing, I was neck and neck
on the standing starts with other players (and expert artificial players)
but when I set my shocks (compression AND rebound) and springs (and bars) as
a drag racer would, I ROASTED all the other cars off the line!  Didn't
really make through the first turn, tho....

I've used to game to try different driving techniques and found that things
I learned in the game could be applied to the track - and vice-versa.  It
also has very accurate, physics-based force feedback.

Because of it's age, you can find it in the clearance bin typically for $10.

Will Kalman
'91 Escort GT
Cal Club #232 STS