Re: Street Tires

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street Tires
From: EGangloff@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:14:06 EDT
Bob,

I assume you have a C5 Vette.  I've been told that the non-runflat g-Force
KDs work better than the run-flat version for auto-X (better feel), and are
sticky but noisy on the highway.  Has anyone autocrossed on them?  The Z06
OEM tire, the Goodyear Supercar, works well for Auto-X too (I'm on my second
set)--and though they're larger than the stock sizes, they mount on the stock
C5 (non-Z06) rims just fine and are close enough to stock diameter that the
ABS still works fine.  The only problem is that they are shallow-tread tires
and wear very quickly, so I'd love to find something that sticks well but
lasts more than 1500 miles and 8 autocrosses.  The Michelin MXX3s worked
great as well for me last season and exhibited better wear, but are no longer
being made--and the Pilot Sports are reportedly not quite as sticky and
responsive in the dry (though better in the wet).  Does anyone have
experience with the new Bridgestone Potenza S03 Pole Positions in C5 Vette
sizes?  How about Yokohama AVS Sports?  Or Pirelli PZeros?

 Thanks,

 Eric
        (( ^<<
   >>^ ))
        (( ^<<
   >>^ ))
 Eric J. Gangloff
 Gangloff & Associates Inc.
 egangloff@aol.com Email
 "Taking Strategy to Action" SM

 << Can anyone (or would anyone care to) offer a little insight on the BFG
  g-Force KD/KDW?  Those are the ones that appeal to me at this point.  I'm
  currently running on Goodyear F1 GSs and have been told that these Goodyears
  aren't particularly grippy.  Since I've not run on anything else I haven't
  got a "yardstick".

  Thanks,
  Bob >>