Re: Does anyone actually know the answer? (Was: Re: Proposal

To: "M. Soar" <msoar@home.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Does anyone actually know the answer? (Was: Re: Proposal
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:14:41 -0500
>From the November FasTrack:

"The PAC is considering a proposal to accommodate Street Prepared cars
(which are not subject to the wheel size and induction limitations of most
Prepared classes) within the existing Prepared category. Such cars would be
required to use DOT-approved tires and may be subject to weight penalties."

That's all of it. I've written my letter to the SEB in opposition.

Basically, my rationale is that if someone has built a car to SP rules, he
has a place to run and does not need TWO places to run. And P does not need
the "help." Also, there are at least four rulesets in P now, we don't need
five. This proposal only creates confusion and is a solution in search of a
problem.

--Rocky Entriken