RE: Why not four runs/day

To: "'Murray, Matthew D.'" <MDMurray@gwns.com>,
Subject: RE: Why not four runs/day
From: "Richard Atkins" <richarda@npclabels.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:13:46 -0500
Matt Murray said

We can all look forward to six runs in 2002. I look forward to seeing all
1093 (and then some) in 2002.

Matt Murray

We now know that it is possible to have four runs both days at Nationals, 8
runs total. Lets do it!

On Friday we had 9 heats, started at 8 done about 5:30, well over 400 cars,
did not count all but by best guess is about 450 (after those who did not
show). Lets use 400 cars at 3 runs = 1200 runs. If we have 1200 cars next
year that 300 per course per day @ 4 runs that 1200 runs per day. We did
this and then some (extra time for 4 additional heat changes + somewhat more
than 400 cars.
It was done by changing workers on the fly, we can do that next year,
getting cars out without delay, we can do that next year. Walk time was cut
down, we can do that next year.
At 20 second intervals for the fourth runs and 300 cars that only 1 hour 40
minutes. We proved we can pick up this much time so lets have more runs=more
fun.

Richard Atkins