Infomercials, was: Speedvision

To: Teamdotnet <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Infomercials, was: Speedvision
From: "Murray, Matthew D." <MDMURRAY@gwns.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 16:47:00 -0400
Don't hold your breath for that. Even A&E and the History channel now air
infomercials. They generate big revenue for the nets. In 1995, the Discovery

Channel was gettin around $20k per airing of ionformercials , and they went
out between 3 AM and 9 AM.

Yes, overall, Speed doesn't draw a lot. A&E, CNN and the like, rarely draw
over a million viewers. Compare that to the big nets (CBS/NBC/ABC?FOX), and
they pull 11 million for a weak show. The Survivor I final drew 28 million.
But Speed has great demo's and to advertisers, that's what counts.

Don't ask about the depilatories that advertise during the day, I can't
figure that one either.
<<Maybe NASCAR will just displace some of the infomercials.>>

I really hope so but do we think they are that smart?

One of the people in our region sells local cable commercials, she said that
Speedvision's rating are so low it's a hard sell but the demographic is
great. i.e., Consumers with enough money to race. . .

trust but verify,
eric salem