engine swap costs

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: engine swap costs
From: jwalter@ptra.com
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 18:32:41 -0500
A drop in for a CRX with a Type R engine runs my son about $2,500.  Less
if you just want a GS-R, or you can do like most of the slammers and use
the 1500 block and the VTEC head's.  All for much less than $5,000.  My
son has bought two CRX/Hatchbacks for $500, made the swap for a total of
$2,500 and sold the cars for $4,000 to $5,000.  It is turning into a great
business for him.  The VR6 is a direct drop into a new beetle.  The
EuroBoys are making motor mount kits and stuff for under $500 total.

Just learn Spanish and start prowling the junk yards, power is the easiest
thing to make.  Handling, now that something else.  You can spend more
money on a set of JRZ or Penske shocks than the whole car.  The bad news
is you can tune those shocks to make the car slower than stock, clapped
out stock at that.  8^)

James Rogerson
[FP #125] - Techless Racing
jwalter@ptra.com
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a
meaningful relationship with women" - Joseph Heller
"The people who vote decide nothing. The people who count the vote decide
everything."
     - Josef Stalin.