Re: Was Sports Cars... Now ugly Cars

To: <hottvr@birch.net>
Subject: Re: Was Sports Cars... Now ugly Cars
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 08:09:07 -0700
On Friday, April 13, 2001, at 06:59 AM, <hottvr@birch.net> wrote:
> I think it might even have the AMC Pacer and Matador beat for the
> ugliest car ever made contest?????

You folks have obviously never seen a 1950's Czech-built Tatra!
http://home.att.net/~mikekiley/tatraspotting.html
http://www.tatra.demon.nl/pictures.htm
http://www.team.net/www/ktud/images/Tatra601-1.gif
http://www.tatra-register.co.uk/

Ugly, huh? The scary thing is that these pictures don't do the car
justice. I've seen one in person and they are even uglier. Guess we now
know that when the Iron Curtain fell that the Tatra's designers
immigrated to Pontiac, Michigan! :-)

At least the current one looks like it was built in the 1970's:
http://www.tatra.demon.nl/T700.htm
ftp://ftp.team.net/ktud/pictures/Tatra/Tatra700-f.jpg

Alan Dahl                                               home:
adahl@eskimo.com
Federal Way, WA, USA                       work: Alan.Dahl@PSS.boeing.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~adahl          ICQ 52688023