Re: Pets NOT allowed....

To: "Phillip Osborne" <psosborn@gte.net>, "Team.Net"
Subject: Re: Pets NOT allowed....
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 20:08:48 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Phillip Osborne <psosborn@gte.net>
To: Team.Net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Sunday, March 18, 2001 6:27 PM

>Pardon me, but I thought we were an amateur organization, and family
>participation was encouraged.  For some folks, the family pet is part of
the
>family.  And Davey Looman's dog could set up pylons!

Yeah, but he never got them square in the box!  :-)

Still, if all dogs were like Shempi complainers like me would be out of
ammunition.

>As long as my dog is not doing anything to anyone, (other than
>barking a bit until he knows you're friendly) and not humping anyone's leg,
>(other than RJ's) what is the harm?  I understand not turning them loose to
>roam the pits, paddock, and grid, or God forbid, the course.  But if they
>are properly restrained, properly picked up after, and in the presense of
>the owner when out and about, what is the harm?  The sups generally state
>pets are to be on a leash, and are not allowed in grid, or any hot area,
>even if they are properly reatrained.  As long as the rules are being
>followed, I see nothing wrong with pets in attendance.  Just my opinion of
>course...And like Kevin Stevens, I understand where you are coming from,
but
>logically agree with Kevin's reasoning.  Hey, at least we're pulling your
>leg instead of biting it!
>
>Phil O.

Kevin was a little bit too, and I think the debate was fruitful from both
viewpoints.

As I said to him privately, the real bottom line has nothing to do with dogs
or kids, but with consideration for one another. I don't mind a dog I'm
unaware of, and a well-trained, well-behaved dog (or kid) meets that
parameter.