pre-75 cars

To: <ax-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: pre-75 cars
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 22:05:24 -0600
I just subscribed to the autocross digest, and wanted to send a test message,
so I picked the pre-75 discussion.  I autocross a 68 Datsun Roadster (SRL
311).  The  Harvey brothers from Florida are very successful in their CSP
Roadster, and a Roadster friend of mine wins consistantly in Colorado and New
Mexico events.  Another friend consistantly finishes well in North Texas
events. Everywhere I drive people wave and give a "thumbs up".  I think the
Roadster is a reliable, "super cool" set of wheels, that you can drive to an
autocross, win, and drive home.  Prices vary from $1500 for a reliable touring
machine (rough) to $5000+ for a good looking and strong running CSP
autocrosser.  And it's nice to beat newer machines with my 30 year old car.
Now, if I just weighed 50 pounds less...

Leisure Suit Terry