Re: Lugnuts, On & Off

To: MDMURRAY@gwns.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lugnuts, On & Off
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:14:48 EST
In a message dated 12/26/00 11:04:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
MDMURRAY@gwns.com writes:

> The 3/8" drives aren't built to handle the torque/stress dynamics of
> swapping
> lugnuts. He does need to upgrade to a 24 volt 1/2" drive cordless impact

Only if he's going to break the nuts loose with it.  I think he's going to
want to use a torque wrench to check torque when done with the job anyway.
I've used a 3/8" drive to do this job for 15 years.  I break them loose
first, use the drill with adapter, then finish with a torque wrench.

CHD