Re: How cold is it where you are?

To: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: How cold is it where you are?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 14:53:42 -0600
From: Larry Steckel <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>

>Prestone makes a windshield washer fluid like that. It doesn't freeze
>because it has a large dollop of propylene glycol

Not on the label of Prestone windshield wash I have.

>and ethylene glycol in it
>along with the usual methanol.

Yup, that's listed.

>Oh yea, and pink dye too.

This Prestone stuff is not pink.  It is yellow, like Mountain Dew pop.  I
tested it the other day on a cold windshield at speed in zero-degree
weather.  It really works.

>Everyone screams about recycling antifreeze so it doesn't get into the
>environment and here is Prestone shooting the stuff onto windshields. Go
>figure.

I recycle antifreeze by putting it in the sanitary sewer, like it recommends
on the label.  I agree that spraying  ethylene glycol around may not be the
greatest idea ever.  If we could get the highway and street folk to stop
dumping tons of sand and salt all over everything, maybe we wouldn't NEED to
wash our windshields so much when it is cold.

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.