Re: Hawaii Autox, was: How cold is it where you are?

To: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Hawaii Autox, was: How cold is it where you are?
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 16:31:25 -0600
When I used to live in the Black Hills area of Western South Dakota we used to
hold autocrosses on a frozen lake in the winters.  No cones to hit, we just
plowed the snow to outline the course and just ran against the clock.  Classes
were engine over drive wheels, engine opposite of drive wheels, then those same
two classes with studs, and then any car with bolted tires (carriage bolts
sticking through the tires).  I used to run my MGB with summer BFG radials and a
couple of sand bags behind the seats.  Great fun, especially when it was warm
enough to be slushy and I would put the top down and have slush flying
everywhere!

Kevin Brown
Odessa, MO