Bought the Probe GT...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Bought the Probe GT...
From: "David Shreve" <ls1_1le@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:19:24 -0500
Thank you to all who provided input on the Probe GT.  I went ahead and
bought it.  Having never driven one before, I was really surprised by it.
It is a little slower in a straight line than the STR VW GTI-VR6 I built a
couple years ago, but it handles much better than the VW ever did.  I can
see why the Probe/MX-6 dominated GS for so long...

A couple questions...  I can feel the engine move a bit(not a lot) when
getting on and off the throttle.  Is this normal for these cars(soft
mounts)?  There seems to be a bit of side-to-side play in the shifter.  Is
this normal?  I'm assuming it's just worn bushings of some sort.  Is there a
cheap/easy fix?

Now I am going to catch hell at home over the holidays.  I was raised in a
GM family.  Maybe they'll let me slide if I tell them it's really just a
Mazda with a Ford badge on it...or not--they don't like Japanese cars,
either.

-dave