opinions on shocks

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: opinions on shocks
From: Joshua L Locklear <joshlocklear@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 22:21:48 -0500
Hello all,

The shocks on my autocross car (1988 Toyota Camry) are currently shot,
and I am looking for a good cheap set of replacements.  Please note that
due to the fact that I am a poor college student, I am currently
autocrossing my economical 1988 Toyota Camry while my better-performing
but fuel-hogging 1984 RX-7 sits at home.  I just want to get a set that
will offer a little better cornering performance than the factory shocks
without the high price of high-performance shocks.  I also need something
that will have an application form my family-type car.  Maybe something
like a cheap monroe gas model or something similar?  Basically, what is
the best cheap, widely available shock?  I would appreciate any input on
this subject, as I plan to replace the shocks when I go home for
Christmas break.

Thanks in advance,
Josh Locklear
Purdue University School of Mechanical Engineering
"Rex" 1984 Mazda RX-7 (fun, fast, but not frugal)
"Cammy" 1988 Toyota Camry (Great on long trips and gas mileage)
joshlocklear@juno.com
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!