Re: rev limiter?

To: "'Team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rev limiter?
From: Chris Eckles <MRoadster@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 18:19:28 -0500
Really?  Adding a shift light would be legal in stock class?  I would have
thought not, since I would class it as a "performance enhancing" guage.
But then I'm relatively new at this.

I am very interested in this.  In my car (BMW M Roadster) it is hard to
tell when you hit the rev limiter in second.  The RPM's just keep going up
then stop.  In first it's obvious, but in second you have to really be
paying attention.  It is a soft rev limiter, and just stops sparking one or
more cylinders as needed.  Not like most that you can hear across the
parking lot.

I am sure that this would improve my performance regularly. . .

Chris Eckles
Atlanta

> In stock class can a Rev limiter be added?

You might wanna get a clarification from the SEB on this, but my
money says "no." A shift light would be legal because it's just a
"gauge," but a rev limiter has to interface with the engine
somewhere in order to function. This would require modifications
to ignition and/or fuel systems that are illegal in Stock.

Jay
<