Re: Street Mod notes

To: washburn@dwave.net
Subject: Re: Street Mod notes
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 11:33:22 -0500
I am not laughing Mr. Washburn,

I put the hood of my 1980 Buick Syklark V/6 up against a Chevette at an
event one time and we did some measuring. The V/6 would just drop in there
with lots of room to spare.

And sometime late in 1980 I think, Hot Rod Magazine did a story on a V/6
Chevette cobbled up by the Chevy Skunk Works. It was faster than the current
Z-28.  They did a page giving G.M. Part Numbers for all the off the shelf
bits you would need to do that swap.

And didn't Chevy start to use the 2.8 litre V/6 pointed North/South in the
S-10's?  That would give you access to more parts options. I do think  you
would have to lower that sucker a bunch and tub it to get big enough tires
on the ground, but with an ECU and a couple of catalyst, it should pass
emmissions and be street legal.

Larry Steckel