Re: Neon Tire Question x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: Scott Meyers <solo2@qwest.net>, "TEAM.NET" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Neon Tire Question x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Mark Darby <markds33@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 07:53:39 -0800 (PST)
Hi Team!
The "favored" tire for the Neon is the BFG G-force in
a 225/50/14 for the front and 205/55/14 in the rear.
 Now, I know for FACT that the Hoosier 225/50/14 in
front just plain sticks out past the fender
wells(Illegal in stock class)Although,I also know that
a couple of guys ran this set up and were not
protested this year at the Nationals?
 Kuhmo does not yet produce a 225/50/14. So to run the
Kuhmos you must use a 205/55/14 at all four
corners.You give up an inch of rubber on the road to
the BFG,but the Kuhmo is less expensive and you can
rotate front to back and has a longer life span.
All of last year I was switching back and fourth
between the BFG and the Kuhmo. Both tires have pluses
and minuses to them.
 For my money,the Kuhmo is my tire of choice.
Yes,all three of the aforementioned will fit on a 6"
rim.
Good luck!
Mark Darby
#3 DS
(Not sure what anyone can flame me for with this,but
I'm putting on my SIMPSON fire suit anyway)   :)