STS at Nationals...tire issue

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: STS at Nationals...tire issue
From: "Ron Conrad" <rjconrad1@home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:45:09 -0500
As far as tire companies making "Cheater" street tires, we could always add
a ruling that not only do the tires have to meet the 140 wear rating, they
also have to meet a certain durometer reading? Thoughts?

This has not been an issue at ProSolo's to my knowledge.  I feel most
everyone in STS with a car prepared to the rules can be competitive, and no
one has complained of illegal tires.  There is a great diversity in this
class, unlike other classes, that tend to have only a couple models that can
be Nationally competitive.

If you read Howard Duncan's email that I posted to team.dot.net a couple
days ago, there is every intention that STS will be a National class in
2001.  We have a Street Touring Advisory Committee, and Jack Burns has
submitted the final draft for the SEB. In the future, if we suspected that
driver's were getting "Cheater" tires. This could be addressed with rule
changes.

STS has a lot of promise, I think it deserves to be a National class.  We
were told 2 years ago that if we hit 20 cars at Nationals, the following
year it would be a true National class.  We achieved that this year.

Ron Conrad - STS  86 Civic Si

rjconrad1@home.com