Re: STS Tires

To: "Ron Conrad" <rjconrad1@home.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STS Tires
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 00:58:26 -0500
>I'm guessing that since the wear rating are commonly known to be
>basically useless, and easily circumvented, there remain a high
>potential for an expensive tire war.  I would be concerned myself if I
>was getting into that class.
>
>Pat
=========================
Good point.  Isn't that how the DOT R tires first got started with the
Yokohama A001 way back when?

I've heard more than once that supposedly Hoosier is working on a ringer
street tire.  Oh well, I'm still waiting for a 225/50-14 Kumho.  Since there
aren't any federal regs to regulate the tire manufacturer's treadwear
ratings then we just have to take their word for it.  Or simply add any
ringer tires to the exclusion list.  That wouldn't be too difficult.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

"Fill what's empty, empty what's full,
and scratch where it itches."
The Duchess of Windsor when asked
what is the secret of a long and happy life