Moving Nationals

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moving Nationals
From: "Paula Whitney" <pwhitney@shamroc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:31:12 -0500
Several items have not been mentioned in this discussion.  The runoffs are
being moved for one year only, the following year, the runoffs will move
back to October.  Road Rally Challenge/Year End and ProRally Year End all
happen in October. Our governing department is RALLY/Solo, so these impact
directly on staff.  Also the Solo II Nationals are scheduled years in
advance.  For example the Expo Center, catering, hotels etc have been locked
in since 99 for the 2001 Nationals. I don't believe they are not available
in October. The City of Topeka, MTAA and SCCA have committed to our events
for September until 2003.

I know that the change made by the Club Racing concerning the Runoffs will
impact several of our competitors and will cause numbers to decrease for
both events, however, I think it is something we will probably have to live
with for one year.

just my opinions,
paula whitney