Re: Kansas scenery (was: Runoffs change)

To: RHendr6343@aol.com, rocky@tri.net, free2000@quixnet.net,
Subject: Re: Kansas scenery (was: Runoffs change)
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:54:36 EDT
In a message dated 10/19/00 7:34:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
RHendr6343@aol.com writes:

<< My parents are both from central Kansas.  I was born in Detroit.  Even
after
 spending two years in Indiana, I am still amazed every time I see that part
 of the country.  While eastern Kansas may be fairly hilly in places, I'm
 pretty certain that engineers come to the central and western parts of the
 state to calibrate their instruments...

 Rick Hendricks
 90 VW Corrado G60 GS >>

Most people who drive thru Kansas do so on I-70. Its the most boring part of
the state. In 1997 I went to Garden City Kansas to pickup my first CM Formula
Ford.
Garden City is in the southwest corner of Kansas almost to the Colorado state
line.
One of the things that struck me on that trip was how hilly it was down
there.
I stopped at a wide place in the road called Jetmore Kansas. When I pulled
into the
gravel parking lot and parked I noticed something moving in the scrub. I got
out
and walked closer. It was a Western Diamondback rattlesnake about three feet
long. I watched it go into a gopher hole and thought "Thats something you
don't see everyday". I saw wildlife like I had never seen before. Antelope,
Prarie Chickens, Pheasants and Coyotes. I love western Kansas. Its great to
roll into a small town
like Jetmore and see someones horse tied up outside the gas station.

I know this is a little "Off the subject" but I had to say it.

Mike(Ya-All ain't from around here, are Ya)B. 99cm