Tech-question: shocks

To: ax-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Tech-question: shocks
From: "Maraglia, Dominic" <Dominic.Maraglia@nike.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 12:28:59 -0700
Hello,

I am currently preparing my 68 Mustang for ESP Solo2, maybe Solo1 in the
future.  As you might imagine, it is a bit difficult to find good shocks for
older cars.  I was thinking about Konis (epensive, but good reputation, of
course) or Spax (12 way adjustable on the car), but then I read about
Edelbrock's new Inertia Active System (IAS) shocks which supposedly
"...provide mechanical variable damping..."  Has anyone heard of this IAS
technology?  Is it legitimate or a marketing ploy?  Any comments or
suggestions?

Thanks,
Dominic