Re: 2-way radios

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2-way radios
From: Paul Cezanne <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 21:32:29 -0400
>4)  We borrowed a trick from you guys there in Houston. We WEAR our
>radios on a lanyard around our neck.  You take a regular lanyard,
>remove the hook, and replace it with a key ring.  Then you take the
>radio's belt clip and hook it through the key ring.

As a former Nationally licensed road racing flagger, this gives me
the willies.  Yeah, it is very, very, unlikely at an autocross that
you will be wearing the radio and responding to a car, but if you do,
say to push start a stalled Mod car, and it starts and takes the
radio with it caught on something, down you go, potentially dragging.

Put a break away in the lanyard.  For my whistle, I just used Velcro.
For something like a radio, just use a mini headphone  jack.  Knot
the cord and put it inside the plastic part.

pZ -- Paul Cezanne (formerly Czarnecki)

Please consider buying my wife's new book, The Illusionist,
(http://www.JeannetteAngell.com) and then help the UN feed the world
for free @ http://www.TheHungerSite.com