re: Renault R5

To: "NER" <ner@ner.org>, "NER Solo posting" <nersolo@ner.org>,
Subject: re: Renault R5
From: Chris Eckles <MRoadster@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 08:35:31 -0400
I autocross sporadically in Nashville.  At one event this year someone
drove one to the event, but sadly didn't drive it.  My fantasy car, too.

My older brother (a marine) owned a Le Car.  He still favors a pre-emptive
nuclear strike of France.  Sad, sad car.

Chris Eckles
White M Roadster
Atlanta

I had an opportunity to look at a Renault R5 Turbo2 today.  2300 lbs, 200
hp, 1/4 mile in 13 sec at 120 mph, World Rally Group 2 champ at least
twice...

Is there anyone running an R5 in Solo 2?  What class do they fit into?
Is this car capable of a championship?  Any comments would be
appreciated.

Jon FP 73
TCB Racing Datsun 260Z
TLS #73