Civic wheels for STS?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Civic wheels for STS?
From: "Alistair Hastings" <alistair@imake.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 16:17:29 -0400
I've decided to run my Civic (1999 EX coupe) in STS next year.

Anybody have some recommendations for a decent wheel and tire combo? It
would probably have to double as my street setup, as my Spec RX-7 eats most
of my motorsport budget.

I like the Rota Circuit 8s - decent price (I've been told) and only 12lbs
for 15x6.5.  Does anybody know where to get these, or a similar size/weight
wheel?  Or am I barking up the wrong tree with 15"?  It seems most good
tires no longer come in 14" and with 16" I'll be adding weight and making
taller final gearing.

I also looked at used Miata wheels, but all the local yards are selling them
for as much as new from dealer.  Are there any other factory 4x100 wheels
that are similar (didn't early 3 series BMWs come with light weight BBS
wheels)?

And tires - are the new Kumhos the tire of choice?  They seem to get good
reviews and the cost is hard to beat.  Does anybody know anything about
Hoosier's street tires - I noticed they make them, but can't say I've ever
seen any.

Well, thanks for reading all my ramblings.

Alistair Hastings (long time lurker)
alistair@alumni.virginia.edu