Greasy wheels

To: "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>, "'neon'" <neon@iastate.edu>
Subject: Greasy wheels
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 11:25:23 -0500
Howdy all y'all.

I recently bought some 15x6" "Pizza" wheels off of a Shelby GLH-S and am
going to run them as my street wheels shod with Kumho 712s.  Here's the
problem; the CV joints of previous vehicle must have suffered a horrible
death as the insides of the wheels are coated with pounds of years old
grease and dirt.  What's the best/easiest way to clean them up?  Also there
are some discolorations on the fronts of the wheels due to road salts, etc.
What's the best/easiest way get rid of these spots and shine up the wheels?

If either cleaning task happens to remove the clear coat, or whatever is
left of it, is there a way to re-clear coat them at home or keep them from
discoloring again?

Thanks in advance folks.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com

"You can't shake hands with a clenched fist."
Indira Gandhi