RE: Legal SP engine rebuild

To: "Greg Smith" <mr_beachcomber@email.msn.com>
Subject: RE: Legal SP engine rebuild
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 09:18:30 -0500
Not that I know a terrible lot about SP, but I think the car described in the
allowed per Solo 2 SP rules, but GCR legal IT cars are allowed in the class.
They can run in IT configuration only and you cannot cross mix
these preparation rules as I understand it.  My point is:  Check the rules
carefully...what he may be able to do under the IT rules (like cam
swapping) may be legal for him but not allowed on a Solo2 rules prepared car.
Enjoy.

Pat

> > Is updating/backdating cams legal?
>
> No, swapping just the cams would be illegal. Street Prepared rule 14.1.C
> (Authorized Modifications) states in part (on page 95):  "The updating
> and/or backdating of engines, transmissions or transaxles must be done as a
> unit; component parts of these units may not be interchanged."
>
> Greg Smith
> BSP Wannabee

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailor Cabinets
Wausau, WI
-
Sent using WaveMail, a web-based e-mail client.
http://www.dwave.net