Re: CDLs (was: New Car Hauler) Now Hazardous Material

To: "Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CDLs (was: New Car Hauler) Now Hazardous Material
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 19:47:24 -0500
At 05:52 PM 10/4/00 -0500, Charles R. Schultz wrote:

>Chuck (I personally think the propane tank on the RV should require
>hazardous material  placards and a CDL) Schultz

No way a propane tank, but if there are "gummy bears" on board there should be
a Hazardous Material placard.  Interstate 80 in Des Moines  was closed for
about 3 hours Monday morning due to a "gummy bear" explosion and fire.  It was
found that the red and orange ones are more combustible.  Haz Mat was at the
scene and an end loader was used to pick up the little incinerated little
carcasses.  Fortunately, no evacuations were ordered as I live within a
mile of
the incident.

Smokey the bear is mourning the loss :-)
Sam