Re: Illegal tire warming???

To: Autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Illegal tire warming???
From: Brian Berryhill <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 23:45:34 -0500
I think anything that involves spraying other cars with gravel or surface
debris while *not* at the start line should be illegal.

Today at the Greenwood event, this yellow FP car was pulling up to the
starting line (cutting in front of me btw) and the driver spun both tires
for at least a second (not just a chirp) as I watched and heard dust and
rocks scatter over my car.  Now, at the start line, I keep my distance; but,
in the paddock, that stuff shouldn't go on, for ped safety as well since
people are checking pressures, walking outside of their cars, etc.

And, I would assume many prep cars have on/off racing clutches, but when he
was starting, he didn't spin as much.  That's why I try to get behind FWD or
AWD cars at the line.

Brian

--
Brian Berryhill