Re: Noise complaints

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Noise complaints
From: Bob Mosso <bobmosso@pcmagic.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 10:37:36 -0700
Mark,

I've been paying attention to sound levels ever since I built my CSP
RX-7.  Here's my take on the issues:

95dBa at 50 feet on slow response is achievable with only the few
loudest cars having to make changes.

Stock tire squeal is probably 90 - 93 dBa, most newer tire designs vary
the tread block size which will reduce the noise.  If someone comes out
with some older street tires that don't vary tread block size it is
possible they could get up towards 95dBa.

PA systems tend to be set around 93dBa.

If your site requires less than 93dBa you will have to ban treaded tires
and not use a PA system.....

Regards,
Bob Mosso