driver's positions?

To: <alextz@ss112.rsch.comm.mot.com>
Subject: driver's positions?
From: "James Rogerson" <jwalter@ptra.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:12:04 -0500
Alex, when I get a newbie assigned to me (as an instructor with our region) and
he/her is slouched over toward the center of the car, the seat is laid back at
a 30 degree angle, one hand on the wheel (sort of) and they're leaning on their
right elbow.  This is extreme, I admit, but they're driving on the street that
way.  Does that, currently driving on the street, make it a "good" driving
position?

While I'm in the car, and "instructing", I want the "student" to assume an
accepted competition driving position.  After I get out they can go back to any
other style, until they have difficulty staying on course.

James Rogerson
[FP #125] - Techless Racing
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a meaningful
relationship with women" - Joseph Heller