Re: Fw: October Fastrack

To: "Stolz, Ken" <StolzK@mso.umt.edu>
Subject: Re: Fw: October Fastrack
From: "Robert M. Pickrell Jr." <brnrubr@midusa.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:10:03 -0500
The problem with the  age 8 and even  older is not every child  that  age is
large enough. Nor do most  people spend the money to buy a properly fitting
helmet for children this  age. Then we make the local safety stewards, and  or
tech  people  responsible for ensuring: The helmet fits properly, and the child
is of sufficient size to not  be hurt by a air bag. I do not like the  8 year
old age. In many cases a child of 12 could be to small. First we had twelve, now
some people want 8 then they want  6 and so on. I have not seen anything that
convinces me we should lower the age to 8.

Yes I do know about children and autocrossing. We took  our kids all over the
country for years, not  to mention our dogs as well. Yes it would have  been
nice for them to be able to ride some, but they were still there  all day if we
were out of town. we made the trips fun and  when we could we included side
trips for the kids.

Rob