Re: What's with 7.5 rims anyway? and SP vs ST emissions

To: Autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What's with 7.5 rims anyway? and SP vs ST emissions
From: Brian Berryhill <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 21:57:12 -0500
http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/street_touring_rules.html

In Street Touring S (STS), any rim width up to 7.5" is allowable (V. A. 4.).

In my opinion, allowing 8" rims would be better for the 225 tire width max
allowance.  That's the only reason I went back to 225's on my 16x7" oem PGT
wheels so that I could run in STS since DSP is way out there.  And 245/45r16
tires don't offer that much more over 225's.

Now, if I could fit 265's under my Probe, then we'd be talking.. and rubbing
everything else too.

In Greenwood, MS, October 1, I plan on running STS.  I was looking at last
year's Greenwood tri-state results, and Tom Lombardo showed up on Sunday.
That was really fun watching him race!

The only drawback to running in STS is that I have to put my catalytic
convertor back on.  Why can you remove emissions stuff in SP, but not in ST?

Brian

--
Brian Berryhill
http://www.angelfire.com/ms/brianberryhill/