RE: BSM/SM2 NOW: DOT Wheels?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: BSM/SM2 NOW: DOT Wheels?
From: "Moore, John" <jmoore@opentv.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:11:53 -0500
I had no idea that the DOT also Approved wheels as well until I was talking
to my insurance agent about several things on my car and if they are insured
or not. He indicated that a car without DOT Approved wheels would not be
covered in the event of damage caused by a tire blow out or wheel failure.
He also indicated that this is in most insurance contracts? Good thing I got
the DOT Panasports instead of the UltraLights. Sure enough, one of my
panasports still has a DOT Approved sticker on the back.

John Moore
1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R (STS)
1993 Toyota MR2 NA (CS) For Sale !