BSM/SM2

To: "Mark Sirota" <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>, <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>
Subject: BSM/SM2
From: "Jeff Lloyd" <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:27:07 -0400
I like the Idea, but eliminating the ability to keep class parity I don't
like, my dislike in the current S-SP world
Is the lack of ability to create class parity, making any tire that fits is
ok makes the light cars faster and the heavy cars slower
Exactly what is currently wrong in SCCA classing?  And without the luxury of
multiple SM classes you cannot just move the car
So you NEED a way to allow the FSP fieros with turbo's and quad fours a
level playing field with the Lotii and Miatii
And you as well as I know those light cars can fit the same sized tires as
the heavier ones...
Do you have a better idea of creating parity, I'm not trying to create
another ASP..  I have a soft spot in my heart for heavy
Cars, and would like to include them in the reindeer games...
Jeff Lloyd
(if we are going to improve on what already exists we need to think outside
of the box)
And we have way too many classes as it is because there never has been
anything like this used, even in prepared where
The wheel limitations are on the books; they were not used to create parity
like they should have.
Mark Sirota wrote:
The whole concept is flawed.  Just say any tire and wheel that fits
without modifying the inner or outer fender, and leave it at that.