Re: Help with 240Z Carbs!

To: "Greg Smith" <mr_beachcomber@email.msn.com>, <RacerFlash@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Help with 240Z Carbs!
From: "rick" <mudfly@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 00:45:02 -0400

I worked on a few 240z's and Greg has pretty well covered it, there is
another trick that might help, use a higher viscosity oil to slow the rise
of the carb piston.
   If I remember correctly ,I think there is also a spring above the piston
like on the SU carbs which may have weakened .
  There is also a website for 240's   www 240z.org . They have a mailist and
forum. I haven't been there in awhile but they were working on a CD copy of
the orginal dealer parts books for the 240
Hope this helps

Rick