Tire storage

To: "Ax List (E-mail)" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire storage
From: "Eric Buckley" <ejbuckley@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 21:35:39 -0500
I'm building this shed out behind my house and I'm thinking, "This is great,
I won't have to carry all that crap up from the basement every weekend."
Then it occurs to me that it's probably going to be 100-130 degrees in the
shed during the summer months.

So... here's the questions. What is the ideal storage for tires, and what's
the penalty for deviating from such storage?

My index results as of late would indicate that my basement is a pretty good
place for them. The tires are still gripping very well after a full season.
It's pretty much 60 degrees and humid year round. Over the winter I'll put
them in plastic bags. I expect to run them for the first half of next year
before they cord.

Would storing them in a hot shed be a bad idea?

Eric Buckley
7STR: 98 Integra GSR
St Louis Region