Re: Classing Question '99 Mustang Cobra

To: "Chris Teague" <cteague@home.com>
Subject: Re: Classing Question '99 Mustang Cobra
From: jac73@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 07:58:04 -0400

>So is the 99 or 00 Cobra a good car to have in FS, or
>are there others that are more competitive, i.e, what's
>the hot tip in FS today?

Either Chris Lindberg's '96 Cobra or an LS1 Camaro seem to be the hot
combinations for F Stock, although I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3rd-gen
F-body in the trophies in Kansas.  The '99 Cobras haven't been developed
yet, and the IRS in stock form is probably not as good for autocross as a
well-damped live axle due to some control arm bushing characteristics that
make the rear wheels do a little hula when you're trying to put power down.
I'm still working on a fix for my ESP car, which probably involves '00
Cobra R bushings except that nobody has them yet and may not ever have them
available, but that's not an option in Stock.

Jim Crider