Tuning Question - bad water temp sensor effect on performance

To: "TEAM.NET" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tuning Question - bad water temp sensor effect on performance
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:18:05 -0700
A little break from the Nationals discussions........

I'm working on a "project car", one that will (hopefully) soon grace the
pylon jungle.  I've just finished doing the timing belt, and with that
the water pump, cam seals, and all the hard to get to hoses and other
stuff therein. As long as you're there, right?

I also decided to change the water temp sensor "just because" it was
old. In doing so I found serious corrosion on the two connectors,
leaving me to believe that it was sending either *no* signal or the
*default* message to the computer.

The question - what effect on performance would a faulty water temp
sensor have on a car's performance in a Solo 2 setting?  Oh - it's a
Nissan with factory multiport injection.    :-)

Thanks for any and all shared experiences.

Scott Meyers