Re: Radio Shack BTX-128 as worker radio?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Radio Shack BTX-128 as worker radio?
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 19:00:59 -0700 (PDT)
We have TalkAbouts now.  They're ok as long as users receive some
instruction, but the mics are finicky, the audio output is weak, and a
couple of radios suffered unexplained gremlins at a divisional.  Board
of directors sez ditch 'em.

Craig

--- Alan Pozner <apozner@ptd.net> wrote:
> Why don't you get Motorola Talkabouts? If you buy the deluxe models
> (maybe
> $100 with headset ) you get plenty of channels, plenty of range. They
> run on
> 3 AA batteries all day. They are easily replaced, require no special
> license, etc etc etc. Oh, you can find them at KMart, Walmart, Costco
> etc
> Finally, since they are FRS radios folks may already have them
> personally so
> they can listen in or add to the pool in an emergency.

=====
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all
our exploring will be to arrive where we started
and know the place for the first time."
                        --T.S. Eliot, Four Quartets