Re: The Phil Update

To: "Jarrod Igou" <jigou@raquet.net>, "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Phil Update
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:48:35 -0500
Jarrod Igou wrote:

> And Phil has continued on from Des Moines.....just a hop and a
skip and a
> few hundred miles to St. Paul left!

That's good to hear. Sounds like his trip is proceeding according
to plan.

And John Steczkowski wrote:

>I forgot to do the Phil update from Sunday...

Me, too. Here's a belated partial account of Sunday's activities.
I'm sure Phil will elaborate once he's back home.

> He showed up in Waco Texas and
>autocrossed a borrowed Europa

That would be mine.

> and had a good time.

He drove well, survived the Texas August heat, and met several
team.netters at the event. We had dinner with John and Donaleigh
Engstrom and Jon Prevo and his family afterwards, then drove 110
miles to my house East of Dallas. He spent the night there and
headed out the next morning. The TR4 is in outstanding shape.
It's not restored, it's just been carefully maintained and driven
since new. There aren't too many like that still around.

Jay